January 28, 2016 by Sarah Gerdes
Perfect eyebrow secret
When it comes to eyebrows, ask yourself, do you want to have eyebrows like Eva Mendez without paying someone a few hundred bucks every few months? Do you want to get rid of the thin-looking patches in the brow that resemble an oceanic deadzone? If so, then you need the Ssecret I learned from my professional make-up artists friends, who use this on movie sets and for commercials.
JUST FOR MEN mustache and beard dye. At sub- $8.00 and 5 minutes, the results make me cry from joy, and weep for the hundreds of dollars I’ve spent for 20 years getting my fine, blond eyelashes and eyebrows dyed. (let’s see, $15-30 every 6 wks for 20 yrs??) stop…i’m crying again.
I was reminded of this yesterday, when I woke up with no eyebrows! Well, there were present, just barely visible. So I descended into my husbands man-cave bathroom, got out his Just for Men beard and mustache dye, and wallah, 4 minutes later, perfect eyebrows.
Here’s why it works (from the Just for Men site)
Why should I use Just For Men instead of women’s hair color?
Women’s products change the color of every hair on your head – whether it is gray or not – providing a less natural look. They also come in a variety of fashion colors, which are not appropriate for men who don’t want obvious color changes. Further, Just For Men only takes about 5 minutes to apply versus 30 to 45 minutes. And finally, it’s safer and non-damaging since it’s 100% ammonia-free, unlike most women’s color brands. Bottom line: Just For Men was developed by men for men to match men’s specific needs.
Proof that not only do women look less natural, but we pay MORE!!
5-steps to perfect eyebrows
- Once you have your color (soft brown is my fav), mix abt a pinky fingernail size dollops of both the color and the neutralizer together.
- Using either an eyebrow brush, or the little brush inside, apply on the eyebrow.
- If you want thicker brows (which generally make people look younger) brush onto the fine hairs.
- Leave on for 3-4 minutes. Less than 3 doesn’t make a visible difference, and more than 5 is super dark.
- Remove first with tissue, starting from the inside of the eye outward. Then wash off with water. Don’t scrub the heck out of it either. You want some color to stay on!
If you have some errant hairs, DON’T PLUCK!!! Over time, this kills the ability for the hair folicle to produce more hair. Instead, take a cuticle scissors (the small, fine scissors) and cut at the base of the hair folicle. Then you retain the ability to have hair, which is an important consideration as we age (and no eyebrow deadzones).